Many of us are bound to tight, overwhelming schedules that leave little room for novelty or adventure. We find our daily life becoming a little dull, the days become mundane and we seek something more interesting. Nobody hopes to look back on their lives and reminisce fondly about how boring it was. The good news is your life can be more interesting if you are willing to make small deviations from the norm!
- Greet the DAWN: Even if you’re not a morning person, plan to watch the sun rise. Brew some strong coffee and bring a friend along. As the sun rises, remind yourself of all the possibilities that a new day holds!
- Turn OFF the TV: Watching TV is a passive activity at best. Why not turn it off for a day and actively search out your news and entertainment elsewhere? Read a newspaper, enjoy a play at a community theater, or simply relax in some rare silence.
- Make something INTERESTING: Try your hand at crafting. Explore making simple recyclable crafts for kids or try reconnecting with a skill you already have!
- WANDER down the memory lane: Remember those pictures you took at your last family reunion or vacation? What about that old diary tucked away in the attic? Find those memories and spend time with them. As you wander down memory lane, reflect on what was interesting to you back then. Sparking a new interest can started by rekindling forgotten ones.
- Perform random acts of KINDNESS: Make your day more interesting by bolstering your positive outlook and giving someone else’s mood a little lift. Research shows that doing something unexpected and kind has benefits for you, as well as others. Try holding the door for someone, send a thank you e-mail and appreciate your colleague for their good work!
Latest posts by Mahima Bala (see all)
- Why Every Indian Should Support Jallikattu - January 21, 2017
- CAT 2016: Top 20 Positions Secured By Engineers with 100 Percentile Marks - January 14, 2017
- See How A TCS Intern Rose To Become The TATA Sons Chairman - January 13, 2017